Texas Regional Officers have an amazing opportunity to develop leadership skills as they work with the Regional leadership team to plan and facilitate three regional events. In Texas, chapters run for office and then appoint an chapter member to represent the chapter as the Regional Officer. Regional Officers are elected at the Texas Regional Convention, usually in March.
The process for running for office includes:
- Register to attend Informational Webinar (schedule posted prior to Texas Regional Convention)
- Attend an Informational Webinar (one member and one advisor must attend)
- Submit certification of attendance at Webinar (submitted online by Advisor – Link posted prior to Regional Convention)
- Review the Texas Regional Campaign Rules
- Review Texas Regional Officer Duties
- Complete and submit the Commitment to Run for Regional Office (must be signed by chapter advisor and college president)
- Complete and submit the Honor Code for Regional Officers (must be signed by chapter members and college president)
Voting for Officers is just as important and running for and serving as a Regional Officer. Please review the Voting Delegate Instructions prior to casting the vote for your chapter.