The STAR Scholarship was established by Dr. Mary Hood to assist students in completing their community college experience. The top two scholarships are awarded in honor of Dr. Mary Hood and Dr. Yolanda Romero. Below you will find the list of the 2017 Scholarship Recipients as well as information about the application process.
2017 STAR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
Dr. Mary Hood STAR Scholar ($1,000):
Dr. Yolanda Romero STAR Scholar ($1,000.00):
Heselmeyer – Palacios-Wilhelm STAR Scholar ($750.00):
Eldridge-Videtto STAR Scholar ($750.00):
Texas STAR Scholars ($500.00):
Mountain View College
STAR Scholars ($250.00):
Applying for the STAR Scholarship:
Dr. Mary Hood STAR Scholarship Application – typically due in early July
Applicants must be a student returning to a community college with a GPA of 3.5 or higher who has completed a total of 15 credit hours and who has enrolled in at least 9 hours during the spring semester to receive a Texas STAR scholarship (spring mini-terms beginning after the end of the long Spring semester will not be considered part of the spring academic term). The Scholarship is contingent on the student being enrolled in at least 9 credit hours each semester the scholarship is awarded.
CHECK LIST: Have you done the following?
- Completed all portions of the STAR Application
- Signed the STAR Application
- Obtained the signature of your advisor on the STAR Application to verify membership and good standing in your local chapter
- Uploaded your complete STAR Application.
- Uploaded letter of recommendation concerning academic progress.
- Uploaded letter of recommendation concerning leadership experience.
- Uploaded copy of official transcript from all colleges you have attended.
- Mailed one official college transcript from all colleges you have attended to Dr. Chris Allen (mailing address will appear in the application)
Scholarships are announced at the Texas Honors Institute.